As a parent of two children attending Bromham Primary , I am so pleased to
be working with this school. Petite Etoile currently teaches French lessons to
year 5 and 6 and also runs two after school French clubs and one lunchtime
French club. From September 2020, Petite Etoile will also be teaching French to year 3 and 4.
What will your child gain by learning French with Petite Etoile?
Enthusiasm for language learning
Open mindedness and a receptive attitude to other cultures
Awareness of the French culture and similarities and differences to our culture
Knowledge of French grammar relating to nouns, verbs and adjectives which in turn enhances and reinforces the pupils’ general literacy awareness
Teamwork and peer support
A growth mindset with a detective like approach to unfamiliar language
How do we deliver French at Bromham Primary?
One 45 min - 1 hour lesson per week with each class in Key Stage 2.
Clear routines of meeting and greeting in French to help pupils feel safe and secure.
Lots of rewards to promote positive learning behaviour: stamps for effort each lesson which lead to prizes; star table awards for teamwork; french ambassador roles to encourage peer support and role modelling.
Each week a short video will be posted onto this website so that pupils can reinforce their knowledge of French at home, also enabling parents to help too!
Quoi de neuf? What's new?
w/c 6th July:
Year 3 have transition week activities this week so may choose to watch a video of choice from the song bank or the story bank.
Year 6's back in school, will continue working through their Mr French booklet.
Year 5 & 6 home learners can continue working through their Mr French Booklet with accompanying support videos.
A new French recipe booklet with simple traditional recipes is available here thanks to the brilliant Madame Birtwistle for you to try at home.
Story or Song of choice
w/c 29th June
Review of all
1. Download Day 9 from the Year 3 Mr French booklet.
2. Make sure you have both word mats to hand to remind you of all of the words and spellings you have covered in the last few weeks.
3. Have a go at Day 9 translations. The first is from French to English. Have this to hand as a model answer for when you have a go at the second task, writing in French. You should be able to swap vocabulary in and out from your word mats.
5. Videos are here of all areas if you would like a recap.
Extra! Fancy more of a challenge?
If your son or daughter has been attending French club or simply would like more of a challenge, visit our 'Team Home School' page via the button below. Each week there is a new song, story and nursery rhyme to watch and join with. Let me know how you get on! I'd love to see some pics or videos! Email me:
Year 6 students in school
Year 5 & 6 Home Learners
Mr French workbook
Extra! If you would like extra French practice, check out the workbooks below, or access the 'team home school' page for further activities, songs and stories.
1. Click on the blue button and download the Mr French workbook for years 4, 5 and 6.
2. Work through the booklet from Day 1 to Day 9, beginning each day of learning by watching a video of Madame Kaler teaching you the vocabulary. The answers are in the back of the Mr French booklet.
Get in touch with Madame Kaler if you have any questions, or would like to share with me what you do! Email: